Thursday, November 3, 2011

A lazy afternoon

So instead of reading for my literature survey like a good little grad student, I'm going through fashion, vintage and food blogs. Procrastination level high. Maybe I'll go to the library this afternoon to redeem myself. Maybe not.

I think I've discovered one of my old classmates in the blogosphere, specifically in 'Round Raglan Road. It's a young lady named Alison Little, and by the looks of it she's the same one that I went to elementary and high school with. I wonder if she'd remember "conversational wookie" from the Italy trip. None the less, she's as fabulous as ever blogging about plus fashion and life in general.

I've been addicted to Solanah for a while now over at Vintage Vixen. I really admire her ability to go all out with Vintage wears and truly rock them all. Like myself she's got a figure that suit the (better) tailoring of yesteryear... I'm a few sizes to big for most of it but c'est la vie. Thanks to her many, many links I have been able to find some plus sized vintage to drool over as well. I also just discovered Diary of a Vintage Girl and the lovely and charming Fleur de Guerre through Vintage Vixen. Next time I'm in London or Washington, I'm stalking them both for vintage. That doesn't sound creepy does it?


I spend well too much time on Canadian Living and Apartment Therapy. Enough said.

Pft. Like I need a reason. 

I think my next cookie project should be this one. I've had Mexican Wedding Cakes a lot, and my Mom's recipe is pretty awesome. I found this one on the Kitchn website. Fall baking anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment